Vend, Google, Xero, Afterpay, Marsello and BigCommerce from Australia’s tech industry have teamed up to create the LoveLocalRetail initiative to help support independent retailers in Australia and New Zealand.
LoveLocalRetail is an all-in-one resource where retailers can access free and heavily discounted software, assistance, support and advice related to digital retail operations and navigating government legislation.
Some of the exclusive deals on offer include:
- Two months free of Vend’s multi-channel retail point of sale software
- Advertising and credit for Google Ads
- Three months free of BigCommerce’s ecommerce software
- Two months free of Deputy’s scheduling, timesheets and communications software
- Three months free of Marsello’s loyalty and customer marketing software
- 50% off an annual 12-month subscription for Timely’s appointment bookings software
- Free online marketing tools for Vend retailers through Pointy, plus $100 Google Ad credit
- Six months free Aider, digital financial assistance software
Vend data has revealed that retail turnover across Australia dropped by almost one third (28.4%) from February to March and April’s retail activity was around 30% below typical trading levels.
Commenting on the launch, Vend APAC managing director, Dave Scheine said, “It’s a tough time for everyone right now, but perhaps for small independent retailers more than most. That’s why we’ve rallied the help of all our retail friends into one place, to offer our help, support and guidance. Collectively, we’re stronger together and we want to invite other organisations, passionate about retail, to get in touch and join the LoveLocalRetail initiative.”
BigCommerce APAC general manager, Shannon Ingrey added, “As a company with a core mission to support merchant growth, we are so fortunate to be part of a community that comes together to support merchants big and small in their time of need. From ecommerce platforms to point of sale and payments to customer marketing, programs like LoveLocalRetail help ensure that merchants have all the resources necessary to build a lasting online business.”
The LoveLocalRetail collective is made up of Vend, Afterpay, Aider, BigCommerce, BNZ, Deputy, Google, Marsello, Pointy, Prospa, Timely, Tyro and Xero.
Companies interested in supporting the LoveLocalRetail initiative to help revive Aussie retailers can find out more and sign-up online.
This article was first published on retailbiz.com.au.