Australia’s biggest beauty festival has wrapped up over the weekend and there is a lot to take in from MECCALAND 2019. With a stellar line-up of beauty industry heavyweights and over 320,000 samples handed out, the beauty festival was a roaring success. We have spoken to MECCA founder Jo Horgan to get her key insights from the event.
“It was the most extraordinary three days and the big thing we have taken from this is that the customer has spoken loud and clear. We always try to challenge ourselves and I think looking back, we were really on training wheels last year when we held the first MECCALAND event in Melbourne. Twelve months on, we basically ripped them off and went full speed and the result was something quite magical,” Horgan said.
- Sydney’s Australian Technology Park was transformed into a big beauty party this weekend with the #MECCALAND beauty festival taking over.
- 15,000 beauty lovers descended on the venue over three days, with the first of the five sessions kicking off on Friday evening. After being welcomed by a MECCALAND cheer squad and DJ, customers entered a neon-lit tunnel, through a curtain of pink streamers and into utter beauty heaven.
- Over 40 unique brand activations were built within five different worlds, each offering endless photo moments and product swatching and sampling opportunities.
- Amongst the brand experiences, local and international brand ambassadors and influencers shared their knowledge with customers both within the brand spaces and on the Mainstage, including founders like Jules Von Hep from self-tanning brand Isle of Paradise, Charlotte Knight from Ciate and Vicky Tsai from Tatcha.
- The #MECCALAND festivities will continue in selected stores around the country with various after-party events, including complimentary beauty applications, consultations and samples.