Philips brand ambassador Erin Holland and celebrity makeup artist and esprit contributor Michael Brown hosted a Zoom meeting on how to get ready for – Zoom!
The two discussed in depth all things beauty related in helping users to look and feel their best when in front of a camera for a conference call or meeting, spruiking the benefits of a great smile and the Philips Zoom Whitening Pen.
Erin said while working from home could have its benefits, many of us were looking for ways to look professional and presentable in this new virtual world.
The 31-year-old former Miss World Australia said she was on multiple video calls a day with clients and partners, and she had picked up some tips and tricks along the way.
“A nice, white bright smile always makes me feel so much more confident”, she said.
She shared her top six tips for looking good on Zoom:
- Smile like you mean – sit up straight, uncross your arms, maintain eye contact and do not forget to smile!
- Be mindful of your background – the key to backgrounds is less is more. Opt for a clean, neutral wall as your background.
- Lighten up – if you take away nothing else, focus on your lighting. Lighting can be just as important for video calls as it is for professional photoshoots.
- Dress to impress – when it comes to wardrobe, basic filming 101 rules apply. Choose bright, solid colours over patterns and stripes. And avoid earrings that dangle or any accessory that makes noise when you move.
- Screen complexion – in this new virtual world, practicing good skincare is even more important than usual.
- Touch-up tools at the ready – it is important to review your appearance one last time before joining a video call.
Michael, a self-confessed “major coffee drinker”, especially with his early morning shoot starts at 4am, said the Philips Zoom Whitening Pen was his “new best friend”.
He said his three tips for looking amazing on Zoom were “brows, lashes and lips”.
“Brush up brows, use a mascara that can lengthen and a balmy lip stick so even through the entire zoom lips will be remain moisturised,” he said.
Michael also recommended using a blue-based undertone when choosing a lipstick so teeth appeared whiter, as a peach or brown-based lip stick could make the teeth appear more yellow.