Oats have been used in skin care products as far back as the ancient Roman times.
Oatmeal has biologically active properties that can be beneficial in skin care and treatment, particularly when it comes to dermatitis, dry skin and insect bites, as it acts as a buffering agent that can help maintain the skin’s normal pH.
For more than 10 years, Aveeno has offered skin solutions for Aussies to enjoy healthy looking, beautiful skin everyday by harnessing the power of oats.
Now, in joining the skinification of hair trend, Aveeno has harnessed the power of colloidal oatmeal, renowned for its moisturising and soothing properties, as the first ingredient to launch a new haircare range.
The range features six blends designed to help soothe the scalp and nourish the strands from root to tip.
The rich, creamy formulas hydrate and protect the scalp.
Shannon Roach, Aveeno marketing director, said oats were “historically known as a soothing ingredient and are core to Aveeno’s Heritage, so harnessing the science and power of oats in personal care to deliver nourishing results is what we do best”.
“Our new balanced, oat-based hair care range is designed to help relieve dry itchy scalp while nourishing strands, for beautiful hair,” she said.
“Looking after our skin doesn’t stop at the scalp, so why should Aveeno?”
Uniquely formulated and designed for various hair needs, the Aveeno Haircare range features six exciting and balanced blends. These include:
- Oat Milk Blend Shampoo and Conditioner – scalp-soothing to nourish strands
- Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo and Conditioner – to clarify and add shine
- Fresh Greens Blend Shampoo and Conditioner – for thickness and body
- Almond Oil Shampoo and Conditioner – for deep hydration
- Rosewater & Chamomile Blend Shampoo and Conditioner – for soft cleansing
- Blackberry & Quinoa Shampoo and Conditioner – for colour protection and strengthening
All shampoo and conditioners are formulated without sulfates, dyes or parabens.
The range (excluding Blackberry & Quinoa Blend that is exclusively available in Woolworths) is available now in leading supermarkets and pharmacies.