Everywhere we turn, Australians are reminded of the bushfire crisis that is happening in NSW and Victoria right now.
Powerful images of houses burning down, charred animals and stranded families fleeing smoke-filled towns in masks are being shared around the globe through news channels and on social media.
But in times like these, it’s humbling to see so many people doing all they can to help the disaster by donating much needed funds to organisations and charities who desperately need it.
Celeste Barber, the much loved Australian actor, writer and comedian who parodies celebrities on Instagram has helped raise a staggering $40 million in just four days for the NSW Rural Fire Service through her Facebook fundraising page.
So many local beauty brands and businesses are also doing what they can to help and esprit would like to acknowledge and give thanks to those below who are using social media to raise money for those affected by the devastating bushfires.
1. ModelCo is donating profits from its online store for 24 hours to NSW Rural Fire Service and WIRES Wildlife Rescue .
2. The Estée Lauder Companies will donate $200,000 to the Australian Red Cross disaster relief and recovery fund to support families and communities affected by the fires.
3. Bondi Boost has donated $30,000 to the NSW Rural Fire Service.
4. TVSN is donating $200,000 to Vinnies Bushfire Appeal and has pledged an additional $100,000 of product and media support to help those affected by the bushfire crisis. The company has also set up a donation link on their website.
5. Frank Body will donate 100% of A-Beauty Scrub sales for the month of January to the NSW Rural Fire Service, WIRES Wildlife Rescue and Country Fire Authority.
6. Mecca has pledged $100,000 to the Australian Red Cross bushfire recovery and relief fund.
7. YouTube Beauty Vlogger Chloe Morello will be donating 100% of sales of her pre-loved designer items on Restyle Closet.
8. Vida Glow will be donating 100% from all proceeds from their online store to the Australian Red Cross on January 7, 8 and 9 after donating 100% of all proceeds over three days in November to the NSW Rural Fire Service.
9. L’Oréal Australia is donating $100,000 to help support the recovery mission and donating products to those in need of everyday personal items.
10. Adore Beauty is pledging $30,000 to the Australian Red Cross and WIRES Wildlife Rescue.
11. Coty Australia are donating $32,000 to the Australian Red Cross and WIRES Wildlife Rescue and NSW Rural Fire Service.